Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Weekly Does It

Here is the first edition of The Weekly Does It. In these editions you will find my happenings for the week, insight, and going ons. I won't get too specific with my "appointment book" because I don't need any stalkers. HA. Okay, that's just kind of creepy! YIKES! Anyway, without further ado.....

Weekly Wisdom: When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry (and right now in my life I have at least a handful), show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile (and I know I definitely have more than a handful here).

Inspiration: "Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions (mercies) fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness" Lamentations 3:22-23 (NKJV).

From the bookshelf: I went to the bookshelf on Friday night (9/9/11) to see what book or books jumped out at me. My heart was feeling a bit saddened -- missing William. I really wanted something about military or husbands and wives. That's what stood out to me most. So, first up is: Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires and The Respect He Desperately Needs by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. I've wanted to read this book for quite some time, so this is what I will start off reading.
                            

Soundtrack: Casting Crowns really does have some great music. There's many songs that have gotten me through different times. In Me happens to be one that is my favorite right now. Another one that I typically listen to almost every day is: I Love You This Big by Scotty McCreery. It makes me smile  and reminds me of my honey bunch. We're so crazy together. God totally made us perfect for one another. Like my sweet husband said last Wednesday: "We compliment each other nicely. That's one thing I love about us." 

Appointment Book: First off, pay day is this week, so of course paying bills is on the agenda. Strip more paint off of the railing/banisters. I can tell this is not going to be an easy task and pretty sure it'll take me at least two to three weeks to finish the whole stripping paint off and sanding down the wood BEFORE I can actually stain the wood. But that's okay ... it passes time. YMCA trips with the kids. Start the new, but finish the old homeschool year. Post Office to mail box #4!! :) YAY!! And I think that about covers the big things.

What are you reading? Do you have any words of wisdom you'd like to share? What's your favorite song(s) at the moment?

Have a wonderful week friends!!

No comments: