Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Seasons in the desert ...

Image from: Me.

We have always felt that living in Las Vegas is not for us, but we have always said: God always has a plan -- so we are here for a reason. We have gone through quite a bit while here with churches, primarily, but we have grown to know something about God. It really is quite elementary you see, but when you're in the desert, something that some of the Israelites didn't learn, and some did: He NEVER leaves you. No matter what. Even if you can't always feel Him right next to you, He's ALWAYS there.

Sometimes when life gets rough and bumpy, it's most definitely VERY EASY to throw your hands up, maybe even shake your fist at the sky, and say WHY?!

The cool thing about living in the desert is that there's still seasons, even if the seasons like winter and fall seem short, the season is still there - nonetheless. Personally, I have gone through seasons of new growth (spring), drought (summer), weeding (fall -- shaking off old things), and waiting (winter) in the almost three years of our time here in Las Vegas. The most awesome thing is that I can feel myself being in a new season of .... new growth ... oh and waiting (for my sweetness to return home, but that doesn't count ... well, sort of). HA. :)

Deuteronomy 11: 13-14 says:
13. "And if you will indeed obey my commandments that I command you today, to love the Lord your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul, 14. he will give the rain for your land in its season, the early rain [spring] and the later rain [fall], that you may gather in your grain and your wine and your oil."
Image from: http://www.chrisgibbs.net/2011/06/desert-seasons.html

The LORD is the supplier of everything that I need. Notice I said NEED. Not want, yet He does supply some of my wants, too. He ALWAYS supplies what I N.E.E.D. I do love the LORD with all of my heart and soul. I would be absolutely lost without Him. I know there are times when Tina gets in the way and wants to figure things out on my own. I imagine God shaking His head at me, tapping His toe, and waiting for me to stop. being. me. through my own strength and trying to figure things out on my own agenda. He may even chuckle ... because I laugh at myself, too. HA HA. Nevertheless, He's always there. I am truly grateful.

2 Corinthians 12:9 (ESV) says:
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


Image from: http://notstrictlyspiritual.blogspot.com/2011/01/unexpected-moments-of-grace.html
His grace is and always will be sufficient for each new day. Each day I will have struggles, but each day it is my goal to let Him work in and through my weaknesses. I am human and will fail over and over again, and actually just had one of those failing moments on Wednesday morning. The awesome thing is that there was a lesson learned from that fail. Not only a lesson, but a new growth happened. Will there be more fails? No. doubt. about. it. Will His grace abound? ABSOLUTELY!

Anyway, in my rambling, what I want to say and hope that you get out of this is 1. that no matter what, God is always there -- even when you can't seem to feel Him near -- He's there. Period. 2. We all have seasons in our life. Mine just so happens to have a couple seasons going on.

Here's a couple questions for you:
1.What season(s) are you in?
2. Are you letting God's amazing grace be sufficient for your each new day?
3. Can you feel God's strength being made perfect in your weakness?
4. Do you love God with all of your heart and soul? 

No comments: