Friday, April 6, 2012

Reason it's called GOOD Friday


I was asked this question by Andrew: "Mom, what is Good Friday?" I gave him the "in a nutshell" what Good Friday is about.


Good Friday: This is the day that Jesus, His body bruised and torn,
 hung on the Cross on Calvary (Golgotha),
taking our sins and punishment upon Himself.
Dying a sinners death, even though He was sinless.
Pouring out His blood to wash us white as snow.

He did this for EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF US. He did it out of love. He did it to bring His people back to Him.

Why is all of this good?

Without Jesus' death AND resurrection (3 days later) (the reason why we celebrate Easter), we would not be able to have the gift of an everlasting life in Heaven. This gift is a choice we each must make to receive. We can choose to accept it or we can choose to deny it. Jesus says in Matthew 10:32-33 "So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, 33but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven." 

I came across this video from someone who had it on their Facebook page. It's to the point, in a nutshell, why the Friday before Easter is called GOOD Friday.

No comments: