Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Mother. My "other" Best Friend.

Mother's Day. The day that moms are celebrated. Moms get their own special days to be spoiled by the children and sometimes the fathers of those children, in their lives.

To be honest, even though I am a mother, I don't need a special day set aside to show me that I am special. Most days, our children tell me how much they love me ... and they even go as far to tell me why they love me and why I am special to them. I truly am blessed!

Confession: Even though I am a mother, I don't want a special day for me. Instead, since Mother's Day is a day that comes around one day, every year, I want this day to be with my mom. You never know how much you miss someone until you cannot see them all the time. Do not take your mom for granted.

*Do not take for granted  being a mother to your own children, either. They will remember how you cared for them and some day may have their own children -- your grandchildren.*

I miss my mom. She's still living -- PRAISE THE LORD, but being so many miles away from her makes me miss her so much more.

My mother. My "other" best friend

This year, instead of sending her something in the mail on Mother's Day, she has to wait a couple extra days. Why? Because I want her to know that she is not only special to me on Mother's Day, but every day of the year, too. If we lived closer to her, I would spoil her on her special day. Then, pick another day to show her that she's as equally special to me on that other day, as she is on Mother's Day.

**I became a mom July 11, 1999 -- the day our first son was born. Well, actually, I became a mom to our  unborn baby boy in October 1998. We now have 3 beautiful children -- all growing up so quickly. One day, I am sure (as one of our boys wants to go into the military), all of our kiddos will not be so close to home. I will remember and cherish the moments that I have with them now. I take LOTS of pictures to capture different times in our lives. Must be what I am preparing for, right?** ;-)

Remember: A mother's work is NEVER done, until that final day comes.  Compassionate. Caring. Loving. Understanding. Loyal. Nurturing. Devoted. Unselfish. Beautiful. My mommy is all of these and so much more!!

I LOVE YOU MOM!!!


No comments: