Sunday, February 26, 2012

With this ring ...

Happy 14th Anniversary to the love of my life. My best friend. My soul mate. 

We were young. I was 17 (2.5 months shy of 18) and you were 19. We thought we had it all figured out. We were in love and wanted to be together. I was under age and needed my parents' permission. You were leaving to join the military. You asked me to marry you on Valentine's Day 1998.

One of the most memorable parts of standing before the judge, besides looking into your eyes, exchanging rings and marrying you, was me trying to repeat our vows. I was giddy with excitement and nervousness.


Two weeks and two days later you "officially" proposed -- "With this ring, I thee wed" -- FOREVER!

 "From this day forward. For better, for worse. In sickness and in health. To love and to cherish. 'Til death do us part." I DO!!

We bought our rings. We could not afford much and that did not matter. My ring cost $20. Yours $30. We have never had to replace our rings because they have gotten lost or misplaced. They have been through everything with us.

Fourteen years is an amazing accomplishment!! We have been through the valleys. We have had to climb many mountains. We have literally gone through for better or for worse. I cannot even imagine my life with anyone else. 

YOU complete me!

Thank you, Honey, for asking me to marry you 14 years ago! I am looking forward to the rest of our lives together!! I love you ~ always and forever!!

No comments: