Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait

This fruit 'n yogurt parfait surpasses the $3.95 fruit 'n yogurt parfait from Starbucks that I was buying. Okay, so I make it sound like I have always bought my fruit 'n yogurt parfaits from Starbucks. Wrong-O! I've had like ... 2 or 3; but at $3.95 EACH ... OUCH!

A friend of mine posted this yummy Wild Berry Compote recipe (you can find here) on her Facebook page. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and make my own fruit compote for a parfait.

The verdict? Absolute yummy goodness!!! I used frozen blueberries and strawberries for the fruit; Splenda for the sugar. I'm going to try a tad bit of honey next time, though, for more of a natural sweetness.


Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait w/Granola. Picture taken by me.
This tasty breakfast goodie or snack time yummy is only 175 calories! MmmMmm Yummyness!!

2 tablespoons of fruit compote
1 cup Fit and Light Danon Vanilla Yogurt
2 tablespoons of Special K Granola cereal

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the crunchy goodness from the granola; and the yummy fruit is a perfect companion to the vanilla yogurt and granola!!!! Try it ... You'll love it! Let me know what you think!

YUMM-O!

No comments: