I've been thinking about how I should start this entry: Top 10 highlights of 2010? Catchy, but in all honesty, I think it would be hard to narrow it down to JUST the top 10 most favorite things that happened in 2010!! Sometimes making choices is NOT my forte. *sad to admit that... but is that a girl thing anyway?
1. Our tradition EVERY year (since coming to Las Vegas) has been to go to Mount Charleston at the beginning of January. The last two years (2009 and 2010) we have built a snowman, and each year the snowman gets better looking! HA!
2. We celebrated our 12th anniversary on February 26th!! That's right -- ONE DOZEN -- years together!! :) How awesome!! :) We are truly blessed and thank God for His blessing on our marriage! Believe me, after coming through so much in the beginning of our marriage, to truly being happy now, there's definitely MUCH to be thankful for.
3. Mariah got to ride a horse for the first time in April. She was so excited!! The smiles on her face said it all. Someday, we really do hope that we can get her riding lessons ... on more of a permanent basis. She'd LOVE that!!
4. A pretty heart wrenching "event" happened with our old church. In all honesty, I wasn't going to include that in my list, but since it has continued to help shape me and reinforce my faith and help me find out what I BELIEVE of God's Word ... it fits perfectly on this list. I won't include details, but what had transpired could have easily sent me packing away from any denominations, as well as religion... for good -- or bad, is the better word for it. So, for what had happened, I am thankful! I continue to seek after the LORD and His will in my life. I look forward to sharing with you more frequently in the next NEW year ;) about the revelations and teachings God gives to me. Hopefully they'll encourage you! **I will blog again to start off the year and will include two songs that have so much meaning and are a perfect fit for this #4 on my list.**
6. Fishing! We went fishing quite a bit. a few times in June -- which William got to catch his biggest catch so far, since fishing again after all of these years! *I do have pictures! Maybe I should post them?* And we went fishing for Andrew's birthday, too! Fishing is definitely one of those outings that our family enjoys... even me! Warning: I DO NOT touch the worm or bait, NOR do I touch the fish! YUCK!!
7. Took the kids to Iowa for a personal visit with grandparents. We left on a 20+ hour trip on July 14th to Iowa... got there on July 15th, and William and I (without the kids) turned around and drove back home on July 16th. YES, we are crazy, but it was a fun roadtrip. Oh -- and now that we have the whole driving rotation mastered, driving isn't so bad. :) P.S. This was the LONGEST time we had ever been without the kids in all of their lives (Andrew is 11, Mariah is 9, and Corey is 7).
10.We enjoyed a week trip to Lake Okiboji with William's mom and dad while we were visiting in August. This week trip was also very nice ... lots of fishing and a great stay in their condo! BEAUTIFUL!
13. Ohh!! Can't leave joining the PWOC here at Nellis AFB off my list. It's been so great to be part of such a great women's Bible study group. The ladies of PWOC, no matter what base you go to, are supportive, encouraging, and love unconditionally. It's been great getting to know a few of them (because that's all I know)... even if all of our days here in Las Vegas are numbered. Love You Ladies!