Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Love & Memories

Notice: You MUST listen to and/or watch the videos in the order they come in WHILE reading this post. You just have to get the full affect!

HAPPY PART:
Tonight as we were at the grocery store, upon checking out, I started putting the groceries on the conveyor belt. While doing this simple act, in which it seems is my job because of how organized everything goes up onto the conveyor belt, in which it is my hope that those bagging our groceries will keep things together. This equals a faster unloading process when we get home! :) Really. It does help. At least I think so, anyway.

I had put a few items up on the belt when William leans on the end of the conveyor belt and then serenades me with "Have I Told You Lately, That I Love You"!!! :~D <--- my attempt at a really big smile! I'm pretty sure I was blushing because my face felt hot! I absolutely LOVE him!! Always & Forever!!


So after getting everything settled when we got home, I got on the computer to do some school work; however, school work was not on my mind: this amazing man, who showed me so much love while singing the chorus to such a lovey song, was! So I went to youtube and searched it... and listened to that song... and another old lovey song... and another one... and another one... and... You get the picture, right? ;)

SAD PART:
Then, I came upon the song "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith. That song reminds me of the movie "Armageddon". That is a movie that I haven't watched since June 1999. Why? The part at the end when  Harry is telling his baby girl that he won't be there to walk her down the aisle. It reminds me of my dad. My dad passed away on June 15, 1999 from heart disease ... just barely a month before his first grandson was born... in which we did give our oldest son's middle name, my dad's first name.


I can remember when I was in my teens when my dad would tell us girls that he may not be around to walk us down the aisle and that it made him very sad because he wanted to see his baby girls get married. Even though he lived with heart disease for many years, I just knew he'd live on for many years. But I was wrong.

Happy Part, Again:
Well, on February 26, 1998 -- I got married to the most wonderful man in all of the world!! God has truly blessed me! We were short on time and definitely short on cash, so we got married at the courthouse (and one day when we renew our vows, we'll do the whole wedding ceremony and all that jazz). My dad was my witness (in which he signed our marriage certificate, too) and William's dad was his witness. I'll never forget that day, not just because it's our wedding date, but because my dad was still here to see one of his babies get married. *smiling through the tears* :`)

Disclaimer: Oh--guess I should have put this at the beginning huh? Ha. Sorry if it made you cry. You weren't alone... I did, too. Now, it's back to school work I go. :)

No comments: