Monday, March 12, 2012

Kids Needs Mom

Last night we watched Mars Needs Moms. The movie was a lot better than I thought it would be, that's for sure. I wasn't all too interested in it, but my honey picked it up at a Redbox with our youngest son. Mars Needs Moms has quite a few funny parts, sad parts, and quite a few learning parts (like lying isn't a good idea and that lies, even if you try to hide them, always get found out in some form or another).
How the son talked to the mom in the beginning of the movie was very mean. This son also brought out that old saying "Be careful what you wish for" and I think our kiddos seen that. At one point the mom tells the son that her life would be better if she didn't have to be a nagging mom. The boy replies instantly with "My life would be better if I didn't have a mom at all." <--- how sad!! :(

**Sometimes I feel like THAT mom. Please do this. Please do that. Why didn't you do your chores? Please help. Blah. Blah. Blah. And have even wondered if our kids have thought something similar to what that boy spoke.**

So, William asked the kids while the movie was playing: "Have you ever thought that about your mom?" All of them replied with a "No" and even a "No way!" Then I asked, "How would you feel if I had to leave?"

The reaction from our youngest totally was NOT expected (and even ended that conversation).

He teared up. Hid his face. Then he cried.

Honestly, it made me feel so bad for asking such a question. But then it's reality as "tomorrow isn't promised". I asked Corey: "Do you want a hug? A great big mama hug?!"

He looked at me with big 'ole tears in his eyes, climbed up off the floor and got on my lap. He sat in my lap hugging me and I, him, for a good 15-20 minutes or so, and 2-3minutes of that was spent him shedding a few tears. Poor kid.

Needless to say: Mars may need moms ... in a movie. But our KIDS NEEDS their MOM ... in real life.

No comments: