Saturday, November 5, 2011

Bless the LORD oh my soul ...

This past week has been extremely trying. From kids' bickering, to situations in my friends and families' lives, to missing my dear husband something fierce --- I'd LOVE to just rewrite this past week. But, I can't and so God has seen all of my fails, struggles, tears, pains, and even smiles. He knows exactly what I need and has been patient and here with me through it all. What better way to get the necessary goodness than through prayer and from reading God's Word!!

The scripture passage that I read today was from Psalm 103 (in English Standard Version). The whole passage is awesome, but here are a few of the Scriptures that stuck out to me and I'll note next to them why: 
 
Psalm 103:1 "Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!" *I should be praising the LORD with EVERYTHING that is within my being -- no matter what is going on around me. Period. There is no middle.  It's black or it's white -- not grey.

Psalm 103:8 "The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love." Soo thankful that I serve a God who is patient, though, because sometimes I fall into those grey areas ... *admittedly*
 

Psalm 103:11 "For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him." Jesus' LOVE is unfailing. It's strong. Always there. Never gives up. Goes on forever!

Psalm 103:12 "As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us." SUPER thankful that He does not hold my sins against me. Nor does He dig them up to hold them over me. In prayer I say I'm sorry, repent and ask for forgiveness. He forgives and casts my sins so far from me. I would be lost, literally, without God's Word. It is full of goodness and love and correction!

What is your  current favorite Scripture passage? Do you have an all time favorite that you wouldn't mind sharing?

No comments: