Saturday, November 19, 2011

Passing the time

It's been a while since I have blogged; and believe it or not, I do have several writings started -- I just need to finish them. Maybe I should write a little at a time? For those that know me, I'm an all or nothing kind of gal. Writing here and there is a hard thing for me to do -- which means I could never be a real writer of some book. When I do something, 98% of the time (because from time to time I do get lazy), I really do give it my all!


Okay, so what do you do to pass the time? When you're waiting to be seen at a medical appointment, do you read, play games on your phone, or watch whatever the office may have on the television? What about you military spouses: what do you do to pass the time while you wait for your military spouse to come home and/or even just to talk to them on the phone or computer? Here are a few quirky things I do to pass the time (and in no particular order):

1. Every now and then I'll make note of how much of the countdown sticker chart we have gone through. This is what the kids use to countdown the time. For example: We had about a 5 foot section of our kitchen island wall covered in unmarked days. Now we are well pass the halfway point of the island! YAY!! :-) 

2. Sporadically check the countdown clock on the laptop. I TRY NOT TO check it every day, even though it is in plain sight, I do TRY NOT TO look at it every day. Then I can say, "WOW! 3 days has gone by already?!" Silly. I know.

3. I check the 10 day forecast. Even though most of the time I really am checking the weather forecast, I am secretly wow'ing at the fact that in 10 days, we're that much closer to the end of the month. For instance: Can you believe that in 10 days it will be 28 November 2011?! Where has the time gone?! OH! And FYI: the forecast in 10 days is 64 as a high and 41 as a low.

SunnyMostly SunnySunnyPartly CloudyMostly CloudyMostly CloudyMostly SunnySunnySunnyMostly Sunny
Sunny Mostly Sunny Sunny Partly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy Mostly Sunny Sunny Sunny Mostly Sunny
63°62° 60° 64° 66° 59° 64° 64° 67° 64°
43° 42° 41° 43° 44° 41° 41° 44° 42° 41°

Lifestyle Modu

4. Each Thursday afternoon, except when a holiday falls on this day, Mariah has a horse lesson. Yes, even this once a week adventure helps me pass the time. I LOVE watching our girl ride her horse and learn new things. I also love that when Wednesday of the following week rolls around, somehow I always think to myself "WOW! It feels like we just had a lesson!"

5. Cleaning. Cleaning. And doing it all over again and cleaning some more. I know, how mundane, but to me cleaning is relaxing, helps pass the time, and it's also "quiet time".

These are just a few quirky things that I do to help pass the time. While I do still count each and every day as a blessing, and I look forward to the fun things and times and laughter the kids and I have together -- There is that part of me that lives in the future .... because that's when I can hug on my amazing man returning home from yet another deployment.

No comments: