Monday, November 28, 2011

Mini Homecoming Preparation

Okay ... so I was thinking earlier, as I was talking with a dear friend, that we do some crazy things to get ready for the homecoming of our loved one. A LOT of crazy things. I get butterflies and the giggles really bad. But I can't help it. It's who I am. It's who God made me to be.

The other thing I was thinking about was the fact that when I have not seen my husband in a week (or even more), those butterflies and giggles come back. It is like a mini homecoming. Seriously. It gets so bad, that when I know he is back at his home base and/or the day is drawing near to when he could possibly be arriving at the home base, I cannot help but get ready. I do a workout, shower, and straighten my hair (either that night, or the following morning) and when I KNOW we will be on a video chat, I put a little makeup on, too. It plays out like a mini homecoming in my head, almost like a date.

I may not be able to wrap my arms around him or give him a kiss, but I still want to look my best when we see each other for the first time after a week being apart-apart. <--- if that makes sense.

Workout gets me fired up!
Part of the arsenal.


A shower makes me refreshed and hopefully makes me look not
so tired since good rest does not happen while he's out and about.
OH! And the cell phone is never far from me ... most of the time.
 Does any of you do anything that gets you ready to see your loved one on a video chat during a deployment? Look at it like a date. I am absolutely positive he WILL notice!

My husband does and  it makes my heart smile.

No comments: