Thursday, October 27, 2011

This.Too.Shall.Pass.

My heart rejoices at the fact that I serve a God who loves me. Who will never leave me, nor forsake me (Hebrews 13:5, Deuteronomy 4:31). He is always here in my times of trial and need, and during those high roads, too. And through it all, I praise Him. How can I not?! Jesus has given me more than what any person has ever done. In Him, I have fullness of life, joy, love, peace, blessings, and most importantly -- SALVATION, and so much more!!
Song by Hillsong

Aside from my trials, it breaks my heart to see my very dear friends going through some major trials. At the same time, we know that the testing of our faith produces patiences (James 1:3). I rejoice with them because they know they can see that light at the end of the tunnel. How long is the tunnel, exactly? Only God knows.

Sometimes I think our vision gets a little blurred and it may seem like that tunnel is MANY miles long. Jesus has given us promise, after promise, after promise. "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all" Psalm 34:19 (NKJV).
                         
2 Corinthians 4:17-18 (NKJV)
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Believe me when I say that I have had too many tunnels that I have been in that seem to be too long. However, I can either 1. Sit in that tunnel and boo-hoo all day and night long; which will make the "tunnel time" even longer. 2. Look forward to what God has promised at the end of the tunnel. What happens when the sun comes out after a thunderstorm or a rain shower? A rainbow appears. It's beauty gives light (literally) to what just seemed like a dark and dreary moment. And that is exactly what it is ... a moment.

Regardless of my circumstances, I will praise Him! Regardless what my sweet friends are going through, I will praise Him. For our afflictions are but for a moment. We will come out of the fire looking like a beautiful diamond!

Much prayers (and tears) for you (they know who they are).

No comments: