Friday, October 7, 2011

Roller Coasters

Have you ever been on a roller coaster? Been through the jolts of every twist, turn, and loop and screamed because of either the excitement or because it actually scared you? I have. It has literally been about 15 years since the last time I was on a roller coaster, but I still remember the feelings. I liked riding roller coasters back then for the pure rush and excitement of the unexpected.

Life is like a roller coaster. There will be twists and turns and loops. There is no doubt that there will jolts of excitement, frustration, sadness, anxiety. This roller coaster of life will bring about its own roller coaster of emotions. We never know what lies ahead in life; nor, do we know what lies around tomorrow's corner.

This past week has had way too many ups and downs, extreme highs and extreme lows. But you know what? The God I serve -- Creator of all the universe -- the Savior of my life -- Jesus ... has been with me the whole time. I have held onto His hand even tighter this week and even tighter at times and have felt so much of Him comforting me. There is NO WAY I could go through this deployment without Jesus in my life. It won't always be easy, and sometimes I may feel anxiety -- especially while I'm waiting for a phone call or message from my dear honey; but, His (God's) promises are what I hold onto.

"Cast your burden on the LORD, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved" Psalm 55:22 NKJV. 

No comments: