Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Skype Hugs. Skype Kisses.

Last night, my honey opened two of his care packages while we were on Skype. The first care package was all mission minded; while the second care package was more like a box filled with birthday goodies! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE seeing him smile ... and the birthday box was a complete surprise (even though he knew he was getting it, he did not know what was in it). By the smile on his face, I think we did good ... which makes me smile! :-)

Today, we inch one more day closer to him coming home. Today, my honey and I put another Skype chat under us ... to inch closer to the next Skype call. Oh how I  miss him sooo much!! Even saying those words does no justice to how my heart feels without my best friend, the love of my life being here with me. The greatest father (in my opinion) to wrestle with the kids and to play games with them and to kiss and hug them goodnight -- we miss those little things, that seem so monotonous to so some, so much!

Do not take for granted the simple things in life. Like having your husband wrap his arms around you for no reason. Like having him kiss you goodnight and good morning. Or whisper in your ear how much he loves you. There may come a day when you have to go without that ... even if it is just for one day. Try months at a time. It hurts.

Enough with the sad part of this post ... because in all actuality, this deployment has caused an enormous excitement build up for reunion. THAT is a sweet thing! Plus, JESUS has been the keeper of my heart and the uplifter of my spirit this whole time.

Psalm 16:8-11 (ESV)
8I have set the LORD always before me;
because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.

9Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices;
my flesh also dwells secure.
10For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol,
or let your holy one see corruption.

11You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.


I love the conversations my honey and I are able to have. Extremely grateful for those times. In all seriousness, deployments really do make the heart grow fonder. NOT that I enjoy being separated from my husband, but the simple fact that there are times when we do take things for granted that one another does. We may say the 'thank yous' but not fully understand or realize how much the other person really does.

After this morning's Skype chat (before my honey went off to work), I cried a little. I really, REALLY miss my honey's kisses and hugs. You have NO. IDEA. how long I am going to wrap my arms around him and hug on him when we see each other for the first time in months! He has been forewarned. Haha. 

I miss his hugs and kisses greatly. I smile every time we are on Skype and we tell each other how much we love one another and put up those little emoticons to show our expression. I love that! It does not replace the real thing; but, for now at least, it will have to do.

**I LOVE YOU SO MUCH HONEY ~ TO THE MOON & BACK ALWAYS ~ XOXO**

No comments: