Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wait for it ...

Have you ever came across an idea that got you so excited that you couldn't wait to take it on ... only to realize that, well, you're still many months away from the idea becoming reality? That's what happened to me. I'm just going to have to WAIT. FOR. IT.

I was reading a blog the other day about scrapbooking. The gal does a December Daily scrapbook album. I have come quite accustomed to scrapbooking lately, except for some reason I can't manage to complete any pages at home?? Scrapbooking, to me, is a release, it's relaxing, and at the same time ... it's tiring! There's LOTS of thoughts that go into make ONE page. But each page has its signature -- love that was poured out through cutting, taping, pinning, tearing, stamping each page ... to make each page special ~ UNIQUE! --- there's that word again. {Remember I started off January with a blog about Special. Unique. Peculiar. things that are going to happen this year?}

Anyway, I'm not going to do a December Daily because I don't want to just scrapbook the happenings of December. I'm going to do a Holiday Herald that will run from Thanksgiving to New Years. So our first Holiday Herald 2011 is still MANY MANY MANY months away. :( At least it's something to look forward to, right??

Family is important to me. Most people know this about me already. I love spending time with my family and taking pictures to capture the moment I look forward to, too. Actually, dad and the kids LOVE to look at the photos of the time we had together, as well!! :) Photos are a great way to spark conversation and bring up memories. Photos can also tell about the occasion without a person saying a thing. This is why I am really trying to get back into scrapbooking. I want these photos to be in books that our children's children will be able to look at and say, "Grandpa! You look like you were so much fun!" Or "Grandma! So that's how dad (or mom) learned how to bake?!" <--- yes, I'm looking way ahead of our time, but at least I can dream right? HA!

Anyway, during the major holidays our family is always planning special things to do during that time of the year to make it extra special and MORE family-likeINSTEAD of commercial-like. Sometimes it may be things that we've never done. Other times it may be repeats from previous years.

It can get pretty busy for a lot of us from November THROUGH December .... take time to make it extra special, too, WITHOUT the hustle and bustle of life. Your kids will remember it for MANY MANY MANY years to come.

No comments: