Sunday, February 20, 2011

New Craft: Valances

Here is the post I sat down to write, but couldn't write because God had other plans.

I am embarking on my first major sewing project/craft: making valances for our living room, dining room, and kitchen. I have chosen a fabric that will go well with our furniture and the paint in our living room. I was going to choose a different fabric to make full length curtains, but my "troubleshooting" husband made a good point, "If we cover the windows, when we put solar screens on the windows, it'll make it pretty dark in here." So glad he knows me. I do NOT like dark living spaces.

Anyway, I figured I'd share the fabric with ya ... while I'm now waiting for it to come via snail-mail ....

ONLY for Valances

I'll post a few pictures of the window treatment "creations" when I finish in a couple weeks. :) Wish me luck -- I have 8 windows to do. :) Looking forward to the challenge.

P.S. This is going to be a task that only I will be doing ... no help from hubby or kiddos. I hope they turn out great!!

No comments: