Friday, January 14, 2011

Pink ...

What's my favorite color? PINK! What team am I on? Pink for the Cure ... here's how ...

This May 7th, which also so happens to be my 31st birthday, I, and all my teammates will run in the 5K in downtown Las Vegas for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I am EXTREMELY EXCITED about this!! When was the last time I ran a mile? Umm ... about 3.5 years. And I've signed up to run a little over 3 miles? Yep ... I'm a little bit of crazy with a lot of ambition!! :) The LORD is my strength ... He is what's on my mind while I'm running, besides ... "my lungs are burning ... my lungs are burning ... I can do this ... I can do this ... "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," Philippians 4:13 (NKJV).


Elain the PINK Firetruck raising awareness! Photo taken by ME.

 #1 ... I need to get prepared and per some friends' suggestions, I have started the C25K Program to help me get ready to run in and support this cause. :) I am currently walking/jogging 1.6 miles in 25 minutes. Not bad. I think what helps is my awesome hubby working alongside me. :) I JUST LOVE THAT MAN!

#2 ... according to the C25K Program, I should be able to run 5K (a little over 3 miles) in nine weeks ... WITHOUT walking or even stopping. I'm hoping so and I am so glad that I started now! :)

#3 ... I have a total of 18 17 weeks before the race. That's plenty of time to get myself conditioned to run three miles. At least I think so. And according to C25K ... it's doable. I'll keep y'all updated on my progress and times. I'm excited and I want to share that excitement with you!!

#4 ... we are raising money for our team. Our goal is $1,500. If you'd like to join the team and race with us, you can. If you would like to donate, even $1, please do.. it would be much appreciated, help us get to our goal, and support the Susan G. Komen foundation! :) You can follow this link to our team page. We are 10% of the way there!

Please join us in fighting this fight ... remember, cancer knows no name and we are all just a number. My grandmother and my mother are both Breast Cancer survivors and this is why I am running the race to fight for a cure!!

Elaine the PINK firetruck raising awareness. Photo taken by ME.
 **Feel free to pass this information on to help our team meet AND exceed our fundraising goal!! This, too, would be greatly appreciated!!**

No comments: