Sunday, August 26, 2012

A few goals for our Homeschool Year 2012-2013

I have decided to write out a blog post about my goals for our homeschool year 2012-2013. In years past, I have done our school year on a whim. It is time to be intentional!! I am gearing up for a VERY SUCCESSFUL AND REWARDING school year for our three kiddos and myself (and dad, too, when he is available to help out).

This goal list will help me see where we are at three or four months into our school year, at the halfway mark, and then at the end. I am sure I will add to the list as time goes on and with each milestone with the passing school year.

For time and space-sake, I will be generic in listing my goals; but believe me, almost each one has an indent of a few more goals attached to it.


Here are a few of my goals for our school year.
1. Set a firm foundation in math for each child. Check their progression monthly.

2. Bible is an absolute importance. Without the Bible and a relationship with God, everything is meaningless. Time to be proactive in teaching our children about dedication and the reward to having a relationship with Jesus.

3. Writing. All avenues to explore include penmanship, book reports, book reviews (written on websites), letters, etc.

4. Learn more History. Wars. Presidents. Constitution. Oh my! So much to learn about!

5. More Science experiments. The kids LOVE this one!! :)

6. Field trips on purpose. We have not done enough of these. Time to get out there and do more!

These are just a few of the goals for our school year. I hope your school year is off to a great start! I know there are many children heading to the first day of school tomorrow in our city. I pray this year is filled with success for the teachers, students, and parents.

HAVE FUN!!

No comments: